This article contains several methods you can use to type or paste the copyright symbol anywhere, such as in Microsoft Word or Excel, whether you are using a Windows or Mac keyboard.
Let’s just get started.
Copyright, symbol C Quick Help (labels)
To type the copyright symbol anywhere (for example, in Word or Excel), press Option + G (Mac). If you are in Windows, simply press the Alt key and type 0169 using the numeric keypad on the right side of the keyboard. You can also press the key combination Ctrl + Alt + C in Microsoft Word.
The following table shows all the information needed to enter this character in Windows and Mac.
|Shortening of the windows||Alt + 0169|
|Abbreviation of Mac||Variant + G|
|A shortcut to the word||Ctrl + Alt + C|
Whether you are using Windows or Mac, the above information is all you need to get a C copyright mark in a Word/Excel document.
But if this quick help is not enough for you, read below where I explain in detail how to insert a copyright symbol or any other symbol anywhere on your Mac or Windows PC, for example in MS Word or Excel.
As you may already know, there are several characters available as secondary keys on the keyboard. By pressing a few keys at a time, you can easily insert such characters into your work. If you z. B. Press shift key + 2, you will get the @ symbol.
However, the other characters are not printed as a second key on the keyboard. It makes it harder to hit. One of these symbols is the copyright symbol or copyright symbol C (©).
Typing becomes very difficult for you if you regularly have to insert some of these characters into your work.
But it doesn’t have to be difficult. Especially now that you’re reading this guide.
Insert author symbol in Word/Excel
In this tutorial, I’ll show you how to easily insert the symbol (©) anywhere on your Windows or Mac computer (for example, into Word or Excel or PowerPoint).
In a few minutes I will explain some methods you can use to get this (©) and possibly another character.
Let’s get started right away.
Method 1: Copyright icon keyboard shortcuts (Windows and Mac)
The copyright symbol for the Mac is Option + G.
There are several keyboard shortcuts in Windows, some of which only work in Microsoft Word.
However, the Windows shortcut for the copyright symbol that works in all applications is an alt+0169 shortcut (discussed in the next section).
The copyright symbol for Microsoft Word is Ctrl + Alt + C.
This key combination only works in Microsoft Word.
The following section describes how to use the copyright symbol label for the Mac:
- First, place the cursor where you want to insert the character.
- Now simultaneously press the Option + G keys on the Mac keyboard.
This key combination should insert the icon for you on your Mac PC.
Follow these steps to use the shortcut key with the copyright symbol in Windows (for Microsoft Word):
- Place the cursor at the desired location.
- Using the Windows keyboard, press Ctrl + Alt + C on the keyboard.
This key combination inserts the copyright symbol c where you placed the cursor.
In the next section, I will show you how to use the copyright alt code to enter a character on the keyboard.
Method 2: Copyright C Symbol Alt Code (Windows)
Copyright (©) Symbol Alt Code 0169.
Each symbol in Word has a unique code that you can use to insert the symbol into your document. This code is also called the alt code.
Below are the steps for entering this character on the keyboard (using the Alt code shown above):
- Press the numeric keypad lock key to activate the numeric keypad. Use Fn + NumLk to enable the numeric lock on laptops without a numeric keypad.
- Hold down one of the Alt keys and use the numeric keypad to enter the alt code (0169).
- After entering the Alt code, release the [Alt] key.
As soon as you release the Alt key, a copyright symbol (©) should appear in your document.
Method 3: Copy and paste the copyright symbol
Use the button below to copy and paste the copyright symbol of your work.
My preferred method for pasting characters I can’t type is copy and paste.
With this method, all you have to do is type the character you want to type into Google and copy it from one of the search results. Once you have pasted a symbol into a document, you can copy and paste it again whenever you need to.
Use the button above to place this character in your clipboard.
There is another way to copy this character and any other character in Windows. This is due to the use of the Windows character statement.
Follow these steps to copy and paste any character using a character map.
- Find the Drawing Board application by pressing the Start button.
- The Character Map application appears in the search results. Click on it to start it.
- Once the drawing board window is open, click on the Preview checkbox to enlarge the window and get more options.
- Under Advanced View, type copyright in the search box.
- The symbol you are looking for (i.e. the copyright symbol) now appears in the symbol map. Double-click it to select it. You will see the icon appear in the Symbols box for copying text. This allows you to select and copy multiple characters at once.
- After selecting the character you want to copy, click the Copy button.
- Go to where you need the symbol, whether in MS Word, Excel or PowerPoint, and press Ctrl + V to paste it.
How to copy and paste a copyright mark using the character map in Windows.
Method 4: Using the dialog box for inserting characters
This approach is not as simple as the quick methods. But it’s very simple.
And once you’ve inserted a symbol into a document, you can copy and paste it whenever you need it in your work.
The following section describes the steps for inserting a copyright symbol in Word using the Insert Symbols dialog box.
- On the Insert tab, click on the Symbols button and select More Symbols ……
With these few clicks the dialog box with symbols appears.
- Find the character you want to insert.
To easily find the copyright icon in the icon window, look in the top right corner of the dialog box and select Subtitles from the drop-down list: Appendix Latin-1. The copyright symbol you want to insert is part of this symbol category and should appear.
- Select an icon and then click the Insert button.
It is also possible to double click on a symbol to insert it into the document.
In this way, you can use the Insert Symbols dialog box to insert a copyright symbol in Word.
Method 5: Automatic word correction for copyright mark
The copyright symbol can also be entered using the AutoCorrect function in Word.
This is a feature of MS Word that can be used to correct spelling errors such as these.
This self-correction function allows you to assign a short code to a copyright symbol (for example, CRT).
For example, if you type text on a CRT, Word thinks you meant to type © and automatically converts it to a copyright symbol.
See illustration below:
This method is interesting because you can assign a custom label or hotkey to the icon and Word will happily insert the icon every time you enter a code.
Here are the steps you can follow to enter a copyright symbol in Word using AutoCorrect.
- On the Insert tab, go to the Symbols section and click on Other Symbols…… The symbol window appears, as shown in the following figure.
- Find the copyright icon and click on it.
- Press the AutoCorrect…. button. (AutoCorrect) to open the AutoCorrect window.
- In the Autocorrect dialog box, enter the following:
С : ©
- Click on Add and then on OK.
Word now automatically adds a copyright symbol to your document when you type CRT.
However, below are some points to watch out for when using the autocorrect method for inserting a copyright mark.
- AutoCorrect distinguishes between upper and lower case letters. This means that if you type crt (lower case), Word will not convert it to CRT unless you type CRT (upper case).
- If there is text before or after the AutoCorrect text, Word treats the AutoCorrect text as part of the text and therefore does not convert it to a copyright symbol. For example, XCRT is not converted and X CRT is converted to X ©.
As you can see, these are the different ways to insert or type a C copyright sign or symbol in Word/Excel, with or without a keyboard.
My favorite method is copy and paste, followed by a link to the copyright icon in Word for Windows and Mac. The alt-code method is also very useful.
If you have any comments or questions about this guide, please send them to us in the Comments section below.
copyright symbol alt code, how to use copyright symbol, copyright symbol iphone, copyright symbol example, © copyright symbol meaning, copyright symbol on lenovo keyboard, copyright text, copyright 2020 symbol