Sega is teaming up with Mario & Sonic for the 2020 Tokyo Olympics. This version is better than all the previous ones, with brand new events, a brand new story and 3D and 2D events to participate in. Check out the new trailer while you wait for the games to start on the 5th. November 2019 press release.
Have you ever wanted to see Mario against Dr. Eggman? Or Sonic versus Bowser? The fifth. In November, you can watch all of Mario and Sonic’s iconic characters compete against each other at the 2020 Tokyo Olympics, the biggest video game of 2019, Mario and Sonic! Compete in the skate park, diving board, archery, etc. with an incredible range of 3D and 2D activities, fantastic Dream Events (who wouldn’t want to see Sonic on a hoverboard?) and a full Story mode!
What you need to know about Mario & Sonic at the 2020 Tokyo Olympics:
- A whole new story: Help Mario and Sonic escape from the Tokyo 64 2D console that was created as part of the evil plans of Dr. Eggman and Bowser to capture the colorful and skilled power couple.
- A variety of events: Skateboard, surf and ride on the highest step of the podium! With over 30 disciplines to master in this fun Olympic showdown, you’ll have plenty of opportunities to compete against your friends in local and online multiplayer.
- Get over the line: Dream events add a layer of fantastic chaos. Take a hoverboard ride in the downhill obstacle course, evade control of the territory with fast-paced karate action, or crush as many targets as possible in a traditional Japanese farmhouse!
- So many ways to play: Decide exclusively on the Nintendo Switch who the real champion is and use the fun and flexibility of the Joy-Con controllers to your advantage.
- Play with the fans’ favorite characters: The whole gang’s here! Play as Mario, Sonic and a first-class cast of your favorite SEGA and Nintendo characters!
Enjoy a variety of classic 2D activities, perfect for friends and family:
- 10 meter platform (diving)
- Barriers of 400 m
- Gymnastics – Vault
- Individual kayak (K-1) 1000m.
- The big jump
- Shooting – Trap
In these fast-paced 3D events, you will also be challenged to climb, jump, surf and much more:
- Barriers of 110 m
- 4 x 100 m relays
- Double canoe (C-2) 1000m.
- Discus throw
- Equestrian – Jumping
- Football (Soccer)
- Gymnastics – floor exercises
- Karate – Kumite
- Rugby sisters
- Skateboard – Park
- Sport climbing
- Surf – Shortboard
- Swimming – 100 m freestyle
- Table tennis
- Triple jump
The fun even goes beyond reality with brand new dream events:
- The dream karate
- Dream Contest
- A dream shoot
Date of publication
Mario & Sonic will be present at the Tokyo 2020 Olympics on the 5th. In America for $59.99 and on November 8. November in Europe at the same price exclusively on the Nintendo Switch. For more information and to find out where to order the game, check out the official website and our latest trailer.
* The Joy-Con function does not extend to all events.
Craig has been covering the video game industry since 1995. His work has been published in various media. He is currently an editor and contributor to Age of Games.
How to load…
super mario games, mario online, super mario bros, jelly mario, mario kart, super mario brothers, super mario bros 2, mario unblocked